Looking for more tasty recipes to cook while WFH? Zakkiya Miller’s got plenty. Miller is a sought after clean-living specialist dishing out healthy recipes and health advice, with an Instagram feed full of yummy plant-based dishes that’ll make you want to dig a garden, stat.
Miller shared a few of her delicious recipes for us in the latest issue of Elevation magazine. Here’s one of those yummy meals below, a hearty chickpea stew with kale that is easy, fast and filling!
CURRIED CHICKPEAS WITH KALE OVER RICE
Prep time: 35 minutes
- Favorite rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup curry paste
- 1 cup or can of coconut milk or cream
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 cups of fresh kale, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Make your rice according to the packaging.
2. Add olive oil to a hot pot, and add onion and bell pepper and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add curry paste and mix well.
5. Add chickpeas and mix well for 5 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes on low.
7. Add veggie stock and bring to a boil, simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
8. Add fresh kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.
Get your copy of Elevation magazine’s Wellness issue here!