Times are crazy, and business owners are wondering if it’s even appropriate to market their business (much less do business). Tina took her talents to a Create & Cultivate IG Live recently to discuss her tips for marketing your business during a crisis.
Highlights from Tina’s Create and Cultivate IG Live
- The most important thing business owners should do when they see tough times ahead are to get back to the basics and focus on the 4Ps of Marketing — Product, Price, Placement, and Promotion.
- Turn worry into action by remaining calm (it’s not good to make decisions from a place a fear) and remember marketing is both an art and a science–don’t let either takeover.
- Build a bulletproof relationship with your current customers by focusing on your community. Let them know how important they are to your business and continue to deliver what they expect from you.
- During this time, communicate to your customers differently by telling them how you’re feeling. Make sure these messages are coming from a genuine, authentic place.
- Get very clear on what your customers need from you by simply asking them. Now is not the time to push your agenda.
- To ensure your business survives these tough times, take the time to complete a feasibility sheet so that you can plan for what’s ahead, don’t be afraid to pivot, and be flexible.
- Ramp up business and push through hard times by focusing on your core — your current clients and how you are servicing them, and where in your business adds the most value.
- During these times, share on social media what you can offer your customers. Examples include: Rebecca Minkoff, Joanna Gaines #WeBelieveinHome, and D-Nice’s IG Live parties.
- In using email to communicate with your customers, focus less on selling on more on educating and inspiring them.
- Some rituals that bring comfort and joy during uncertain times are: